Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Phone my family. Tell 'em I'm lost on the sidewalk.

Howdy ya'll,
As most of you know I leave tomorrow 8/20/09 for Ecuador. If you don't know I don't really know why you would be reading this blog, so leave. Just kidding. Anyway, I'm about to embark on the journey of a life time. I have been working my little hiney off for a year to be able to take part on this foreign exchange experience. I've doubled up on classes in school , taken summer classes, struggled through seemingly endless application processes, and worked a full-time job on top of that. But finally, my hard work is starting pay off. I'm excited to be immersed in a culture enitrely different from my own, meet people entirely different from myself and consistently fail at speaking Spanish. As much as I will miss my family, friends, and Panda Express, I know that my life will be changed for the better upon my return. I don't really know anything about my host family, where I'll be living or the school I'll be going, so I'll have to update everyone as that information becomes available. For now, I will will answer some common questions I've been asked:

Do they speak Ecuadorian in Ecuador? No, they speak Spanish

Ecuador is in Africa, right? No, South America. Get a map.

What's the weather like? Hot on the coast, mild in the mountains (center of the country)

Are you going to live in a hut? Possible, but not likely. It's not as poor as people think it is.

Well, talk to everyone as soon as possible. If you have a skype name, or e-mail address please send it to me, so I can keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment